A dwelling house situated at 30 Musa Street in the Simbeck Section of Kenema city was in the morning of Tuesday, 13th May 2014 gutted by fire.
The house is owned by Chief Amara Vangahun, the Town Chief of Hangha Town along the Kenema-Tongo highway.
According one eye witness, Jattu Johnny, she was the only one at home when the house caught fire. She explained that she left her baby in bed to answer to nature and that on her return she smelt burning rubber and that when she turned to the opposite room she saw thick smoke in the room.
She said she had to rush into room where she had laid her daughter and then started to cry for help.
She summarized that nothing worthy was left of the house as everything was burnt to ashes. She said properties that were initially saved turned out to be stolen by some of his family members.
No property was spared by the inferno, she disclosed, adding that those properties that were removed from the burning house were unfortunately stolen by neighbors and other onlookers.
Jatu said the properties worth millions of United
a whooping millions of United States Security and cash of about Le 2, 500, 000) two million five hundred thousand Leones.
According to the husband of Jatu, Bashiru Bangura the fire may have been caused by a faulty electrical system that may have been left on.
So far, the affected people are now living in dire conditions. This incident occurred just as Kenema started enjoying 24-hours electricity in Kenema District.
By Saffa Moriba
Thursday May 15, 2014