Residents of Bo city were yesterday morning awoken by a fire deserter which rendered occupants of two houses along Dambala Road homeless.
The fire occurred from a “pan lamp” that was lit in a room by an elderly woman, which eventually sparked off and gutted down two buildings.
The woman, who is believed to be a lunatic, usually gets up at about 5:00 am to sweep around the house.
It is reported that while this woman was going out of the room, she mistakenly placed the lit ‘pan lamp” by the bed and that it later set the room and the two buildings ablaze.
Though fire fighters from the Fire Force were called in, they could not do anything as the fire had already done its havoc.
Meanwhile, the Sierra Leone Commercial Bank which is located near where the fire incident happened could not operate yesterday.