Two persons have died while two are in critical conditions due to a fire blaze allegedly caused by contaminated kerosene sold in Kailahun.
Residents of Kailahun Township are skeptical these days about using kerosene for fear of fire disaster in their homes. A 22 year old girl – Hawa Brima an SSS-1 student of the Methodist Secondary School Kailahun is one of the victims of the contaminated kerosene.
Hawa explained that she bought a gallon of kerosene from a mobile tank a week ago before she was engulfed by the fire.
She said the kerosene was used by each and every one at her Masanta residence in Kailahun but as the gallon was running empty, she attempted to light the hurricane lamp in the evening hours, and was surprised to see it suddenly erupt into flames which engulfed her entire body leaving her face badly disfigured.
Other victims who experienced similar unexplained blazes include: one Bendu Lahai and her 8year old son Mohamed Lahai who died later on while the mother is currently responding to- medical attention in Freetown.
Doris Kabba another victim who incurred minor injuries at her Belebu section Kailahun has been discharged from the Kailahun Government Hospital.
Six other victims are currently responding to treatment in the same Hospital.