Two people are reportedly dead and one hospitalized after eating boiled cassava. According to woman police constable 9592 Turay Kadiatu of the media unit, on Tuesday a mother of one of the deceased, Baby Bawoh, went to her cassava garden and uprooted one stick of cassava and brought it home for that day’s consumption. The cassava was cooked and consumed by all that were present.
Few minutes later, Pa Chernor Dabor and Baby Bawoh started feeling uncomfortable but both realized that something might be wrong with the cassava.
They quickly drank some palm oil. After a while, ten-year-old Foday Daboh fell down and died on the spot while five-year-old Mualimu Bayoh and four-year-old Tennehma Daboh also fell and were rushed to the government hospital.
Mualimu Bayoh died shortly after they reached the hospital while Tennehma Daboh is at present hospitalized.
Both deceased were reputedly exhumed when a pathologist demanded, as the police are still investigating the matter.