In the first phase of the singing competitions which was opened to all age groups in Sierra Leone 12 finalists
have emerged in 12 weeks of the competition and they are to take part in the Africell superstar competition on 26th July 2009. Joe Amara Bangali Africell’s Chief Commercial Officer said the competition will continue every subsequent Sunday until August 2009″.He also went on to assured all subscribers that the 12 contestants will take home a prize at the end of the draw and the Africell superstar will get Le 15m with an opportunity to commence a professional career in music.”
The runners up he said, will get Le5m and the remaining 10 will get a consolation prize of one million Leones each. Mr. Bangali added that this will serve as motivation for other Africell subscribers to stay connected to the company to benefit from some of the opportunities the company offers to its subscribers.The difference between this second phase and the first phase he stated is that the latter will now take place live on national television in a transparent manner for every fan to see and determine their talents.
Voting by Africell subscribers will make up 60% of each contestant’s total point and the remaining 40% of their points will come from 4 judges. At the end of the Africell superstar competition all the subscribers who took part in either the 1st or 2nd or both parts of the competition and 6 winners will be chosen.The prizes will include: a TV set, complete musical, set and other electronic itemsIn a similar development, Africell has doled out five air tickets to the national football Heros team to participate in the West African Tournament to mark The Gambia’s 22nd independence anniversary.